Wednesday 22 October 2014

WORK IT // FITNESS BLENDER CARDIO WORKOUT

Right, first off.. How about a little introduction? A couple of weeks ago, I put an idea out on Facebook to see what you lovely people thought of it. Well, seems like you guys were pretty interested so I decided to make my dream, a reality. Ha! Dramatic. Anyway, I'm a little over running and have decided to explore the "realm" of exercise.  

I thought I could include you all so I've decided to start a series where I review workouts. They will either be ones that I find online, or even real life ones! Fun right?! I know the pain of getting half way through a workout online, and realising that it's probably the worst one I've ever done, so I thought I'd spare you that and let you know which ones are the best.

First up, FITNESS BLENDER! This is quite a well known exercise channel on Youtube, they have over 1 million subscribers. The workouts have all been created by a husband and wife team, and they have over 360 full length workout videos on their channel. Clearly, they know what they're doing.

  

FAT BURNING CARDIO WORKOUT - 8,622,824 views
Search - "30 Minute Cardio Workout" / Time - 37 minutes  /  Intensity - Medium
Exercise - Mix of Cardio + Strength  /  Equpiment - None

WHAT HAPPENS
What doesn't happen?! Basically, there is a warm up, a whole lot of exercises, and the cool down. This workout is very "time" oriented so you are doing an exercise for a set time, rather than for a certain amount of reps. One "set" includes two exercises. You spend 40 seconds doing one exercise, followed by an active rest (jogging on the spot.) Then you spend 40 seconds doing the other exercise, followed by another active rest. These two are repeated, and that's one set.  

WHAT'S GOOD
Voice over. While there aren't many words of encouragement, he does remind you about form and breathing which definitely helps you focus during the workout.
On Screen Graphics. On screen there is a timer, a calorie counter (not so helpful if you aren't sure where in the range you're burning), and the names of the exercises you're doing come up
Intensity. You can go as hard or easy as you like. Most of the exercises have a slower or easier option, so if you are struggling you can slow it down a bit. Likewise, if you're finding it easier, increase your pace and movement for a bigger burn.
Easy Exercises. Yes, they are hard (physically) but they aren't complicated so you can pick them up pretty quickly. I wasn't familiar with most of them but had no problems with being able to do the movement.



WHAT'S OKAY
My only criticism, and it's totally a personal preference, was that there was no music. I find that I work harder if I'm working out to a beat, but I still found it pretty easy to focus. I quite like time driven workouts because they encourage you to work as hard as you can, with the reward of a break. You can always play your own music in the background while you're doing this workout, it's definitely something you can work around. 

OVERALL
I actually really enjoyed it. It was a good balance of cardio and strength. Each and every exercise had me puffing and sweaty, and the active rest was a good way to keep your heart rate up even when you're resting. It's also only 37 minutes, so I think that's a good length of time. I'm sure we all have 37 minutes in our day where we can put our sports bra on and get in front of the computer of TV. 

And there you go! My first review. Thankfully, it was a pretty good workout to do. Let me know if you guys try it, and what you thought!

2 comments:

  1. Love this idea! There is so much on youtube, I've never bothered until lately to have an active account. Hence why my handle is ebobbily - it's old ok?

    ps. You look stellar here! Sweet form chick xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. While the mainstream fitness media still insists that aerobic
      exercise is a great way to lose weight, Turbulence Training users
      know that interval training is the better way to burn body fat.

      Still not convinced?

      A recent study published by the North American Association for the
      Study of Obesity, subjects aged 40 to 75 were instructed to do 60
      minutes of aerobic exercise per day for 6 days per week for an
      entire year.

      Given the amount of exercise, you'd expect weight losses of 20, 30
      pounds, or more, right?

      Well, the surprise findings showed the average fat loss for female
      subjects was only 4 pounds for the entire year, while men lost 6.6
      pounds of fat over the year. That's over 300 hours of aerobic
      exercise just to lose a measly 6 pounds of blubber. Not time well
      spent, in my opinion.

      So what's the better way? Stick with Turbulence Training, using
      interval training and strength training to get better bodysculpting
      results. With intervals, you'll achieve more fat burning results in
      less workout time.

      The next time you are out exercising, perform a session of interval
      training. If you are walking or running outside, find an incline
      that can challenge you for 60 seconds, then walk down for 60-120
      seconds, and repeat up to 6 times.

      If you walk or run on a treadmill, adjust the incline or speed to
      safely increase the challenge for 60 seconds, then return to the
      normal pace for 60-120 seconds, and repeat up to 6 times.

      You can also use a rowing machine, bicycle or stationary bike, or
      even an elliptical machine to do intervals.

      But whatever you do, stay away from boring, ineffective cardio
      exercise workouts and stick with Turbulence Training for your fat
      burning program.

      ===> Fast fat loss workouts... <=====

      Save time, burn fat,

      Craig Ballantyne, CTT
      Certified Turbulence Trainer
      Author, Turbulence Training

      "I'm 25 and was seriously overweight at the start of this year. I've
      been doing the TT for Fat Loss Workouts and after 5 months of
      training. I've lost nearly 28lbs. I want to take this opportunity
      to thank Craig for making your knowledge so accessible and your
      articles and blogs that not only make us think about our
      lifestyles, but encourage us to change them for better health."
      Kevin Thow, Sydney, Australia

      Get your very own copy of Turbulence Training & the Nutrition Guide here: ===> Cardio is a Waste of Time for Fat Loss <=====

      "Turbulence Training makes so much sense and I really enjoy the
      different workouts so never get bored. From an aussie that was
      looking for something other than just another weight workout
      with the same old moves this has been a real eye opener for me and
      I have been telling my friends just how great the TT method is."
      Kelli Tomkins, Australia

      Delete