Monday 3 November 2014

REFLECTIONS



I think sometimes, it's quite easy to get caught up in it all. You find yourself saying yes to things you don't really want to do.. You commit to things that won't make you happy. And you find yourself overwhelmed by all this extra stuff that you know will make you miserable.

I'm kind of at a crossroads at the moment. This year has been a tough one for me, but also an amazing one. I am in a space though, where I'm re-evaluating my life and trying to figure out ways to make it the best it can be. I've already made some huge progress in terms of making my life a healthier one, and it is definitely one of my biggest achievements. My Etsy store has doubled in profits this year, which is something I never imagined would happen. No, it's not at a place where I could just quit my day job and work on design all day, but it's definitely growing into something that I love and am super proud of.

This blog, seems to be where the trouble lies. Lovingly, Kate started off as a space where I could share my design work. It was somewhere that I could post things that inspired me and influenced the work that I had been doing. Now, it's grown into something else and I'm not 100% sure it's me. I'm so happy to be able to inspire and motivate you guys with my weight loss progress, but it's actually not something that I feel confident talking about. I love doing DIY projects, but writing DIY posts isn't really my thing.

My passion, is design. And I've decided that that is where my focus should lie. From now on, this blog isn't going to be something that I regularly contribute to. It's going to be a space where I can share mood boards, or inspiration, or design work that I've done. It's not going to be something that I feel like I HAVE to do, because I've found that kind of approach doesn't really work for me. 

This is definitely not the end. My blog has taken a wee while to get where it is, and I'm really happy with what it's become. There are just going to be a couple of tweaks so that it truly reflects me and who I am. I'm going to take a step back from trying to post every week, and just post when I feel inspired or have something to share. I will, however, still be out and about on Instagram and Facebook so you can still keep in touch with me there!

Thank you lovely people, for all the support and encouragement over the last year. You guys are amazing and I'm so lucky to have and know you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment