Friday 15 August 2014

365 MILES OVER DAYS // JULY UPDATE
















July wasn't great. I had such a good month in June and was definitely back on top of it, but July fell apart a little bit. To be honest, it was a bit of a rough month for me so I'm not too upset about it. Sure, I'd have loved to hit my month quota (with a bit extra) but occasionally life gets in the way and you  have to prioritise a bit. Not the end of the world though, and I'm working on making sure that August is a good one. 

I also have a plan, which I think is helpful. To try and make up for the miles I've missed (about 50 at the moment) and make sure I reach my monthly total (around 30 or 31) I'm going to run at least two miles, 3 times a week and plan a long walk every weekend. For me, having a routine definitely helps a lot. It also enforces habit which is pretty important when you are trying to incorporate exercise into your lifestyle. 

Here's how I went.










So, at least my running is still on top of my walking, although at this stage, I'm not going to be fussy. Exercise is exercise and being active is my top priority. Sure, my heart is pumping and I definitely sweat a lot more when I run, but walking can sometimes be more therapeutic. Also, the end goal is 365 miles and as long as I get there, I'm happy.

One big thing that changed in July, that really helped me keep on track even without as much running, was my eating. I've always found that gluten and dairy have caused me problems so I decided to give going "gluten free" ago. I've noticed quite a big change (health wise) and it's definitely forcing me to eat a lot more real and unprocessed food. Diet is half the battle when it comes to losing and maintaining weight so I'm feeling pretty confident that I've got that part sussed.

August is half way over (yep, I do realise this is pretty late for a month update) and so far so good. I'm going away next week which will make things a bit more difficult, but I'm still going to try and get a few miles in. When I come back, it's all on. Only 3 1/2 months left and I'm not going to fail. 


2 comments:

  1. Good attitude to your running :-) Some is better than nothing and sometimes you have months like that. I'm supposed to be training for a half marathon but I've been sick for a week with a cough which is not good for running! O well....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nicola! And yeah exactly, no point being hard on yourself. Oh no! I hope you feel better soon :) A good luck for your half marathon! I can't ever imagine being able to run that far haha!

    ReplyDelete