Wednesday 16 July 2014

GIFT WRAPPED // TISSUE PAPER FLOWERS

Alright, let's get this started. You can see the "rules" here, but basically I asked 5 of my creative friends to come up with an easy and effective way to wrap gifts. I'm loving the paper flowers that Tillie came up with! 


Tillie's idea is super easy and super cute! What I love is that you you could use any kind of paper that you want! It would be fun to add patterns in as well. 

W H A T  Y O U  N E E D :
String
Scissors
Brown paper
Sellotape

T H E  E X T R A S :
Crepe paper

Cut 3 long pieces of tissue paper and plait them together. This makes a nice little ribbon substitute. Then, it's just a matter of assembling your flowers. I basically took the idea from those tissue pom poms that are all the rage at the moment. I took a length of tissue paper and cut it to about 10 centimetres wide. Then I did a tight little accordian fold, tied a piece of string right around the middle and then scrunched the tissue paper around in a circle to make a flower shape. I repeated this with a few extra colours of tissue and used a bit of sticky tape to adhere them in a little pattern. Boom! There you have it. A beautiful and quick little gift wrap for someone special.

you can see the other great ideas here

No comments:

Post a Comment