Monday 23 June 2014

Weekend Away // Coromandel

A little lookout point on the way to the batch

My wonderful models.
This was the second time I'd been to the Coromandel (and a first for Rob.) I had forgotten how beautiful it was. Actually, as soon as you get out of Auckland and are travelling around "inbetween" places, the scenery and views are always amazing. Last time I came was with my lovely friend, Kathryn, and she invited us back again for a weekend away to celebrate her birthday. Such a neat idea! And I definitely enjoyed having a break. It's crazy how the stress all seems to melt away as soon as you get away from the city. Once we reached her batch I almost felt like a new person. 

Rob and I set off on Saturday morning and met Kathryn and Nick at a cute cafe in the Coromandel Township. There wasn't a whole lot to see there, except for the sweetest shop ever! It's called Tara Homan - Jewellery, Beads and Findings. Once I walked in and saw all the colours, of course I had to take 1349873497 photos. Not even exaggerating. Okay, maybe a little. 



Isn't it fun?! As soon as I walked in I knew it was my kind of place. The whole shop is just full of colourful and patterned beads and you can mix and match to make your own jewellery. I love how they are all grouped in their colours/shades. It makes for some pretty sweet pictures.

Once we made it to Kathryn's batch, we lazed around for a bit and then headed down to the beach. It was pretty overcast which made some for moody pictures and because of the storm last week, naturally, there was a seaweed fight.




























































































































It was such a lovely weekend. It's always nice to just get away, away from all the stress and worry, and relax. Once we hit South Auckland, we could already start feeling all the "city stress" come back. Washing, tidying, vacuuming. We suddenly had this huge list of things we needed to do and it felt like the weekend had been a dream.

Kathryn, thank you again! So kind of you to open up your little holiday home to us and share it with us.  I hope you had a wonderful weekend because we definitely did!

Happy Birthday! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment