Monday 16 June 2014

DIY // I Cut My Hair!

I think I'm a bit of a nutter. There's no other explanation for why I cut my hair last week. I CUT MY HAIR. I had been thinking about going to the hairdresser but I couldn't help but remember all the money I had spend on haircuts that I didn't really like. Since we've been renting, I haven't had a lot of extra cash lying around either so I decided to throw caution to the wind, and just do it. 

Luckily, I stumbled across this great blog post so I wasn't too scared, but as I was hacking through my pony tail (my hair is seriously thick,) I couldn't help but think that maybe I was making a huge mistake. To be honest, it actually wasn't a HUGE amount that came off. From the front my hair looked pretty long but that's only because my last hairdresser decided to leave it quite a bit longer in the front (who knows why.)
































Just in case you feel game enough to try it yourself, check out the blog post I mentioned before or follow bellow. It's ridiculously easy, but it is a bit of a blunt cut and if you have thick hair like I do, it definitely doesn't help with thickness. It takes a couple of days to settle though, so I suggest going back every now and then to thin and texture the ends (cutting up the hair rather than straight across.) 


All you need to do is part your hair in the middle and put your hair into two pony tails. From there, you pull the hair ties down the pony tail until they are at your desired length. Cut the hair across above the hair tie (it helps to keep it straight) and your done! It does help to have someone handy because it's pretty impossible to get the back perfect. And here it is, in all it's glory. I'm actually really happy with it. I will have to try and sort out the best way to tame my mane (this cut definitely doesn't help with my thickness problem) but other than that I love it. I've been debating going for a shorter cut but I think (with my recent weight loss) it definitely suits me a lot more than my long hair did. PLUS. It was free! This may be my new method of cutting my hair, unless I decide that it really does need to be styled. We'll see how this round goes and who knows how I'll feel in a months time.Let me know if you decide to take the plunge! I'd love to see how your cut turns out :) Also, if anyone has any recommendations on serums or lotions that will help with my poofy and crazy do, I'd really appreciate it! 

2 comments:

  1. I still think you are totally mental. =) xx

    ReplyDelete