Wednesday 2 April 2014

365 Miles Over Days // March Update















To be honest, I'm a little embarrassed to post this update. March has been terrible. I only completed just over half of the miles that I should have. I didn't complete the monthly challenge (10 sets of stairs a day.) I've been sick. I've been lazy.

But you know what? It's okay. I never said I was perfect. I never said this was going to be easy. This month has been a big wake up call and really proved to me how much of a mental game this challenge is. I'm seeing myself slip further and further behind and it's not a good feeling. One thing that I'm happy about though, is that I'm now running 5km for most of my runs. April will definitely be about keeping up that distance and trying to improve on my time. I've also started a new weights home program which I'm really enjoying. This is part of why I haven't been doing my miles. Because I'm already doing weights as my exercise, I tend to slack off in the running department. But this month I'm going to try and bit harder to get out there.

It's going to be colder. It's going to be darker. But I'm not using any more excuses. I told myself that I was going to run 365 miles this year, and I'm going to do it. My plan for this month is to do my weights three times a week, and to run alternate days. I'll have one day off - most like a Sunday, but other than that, I should be doing something for six days every week. It's not hard. My weights take 30 mins and so do my runs (or less) so there is no reason why I can't do it. 

73/90 is scary. It means that I really need to up my miles this month. I know I can do it though. I'm in the right head space this month, and I'm certainly not going to let it be another "March."

Don't forget you can keep up with myself and the other awesome people doing 365 Miles Over Days on instagram using the hashtag #365milesoverdays








2 comments:

  1. We can do this honey. Let's be honest, we all had a bit of a 'March' haha. Let's do this lady.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not that it makes it feel any better for you, but I'm with you. I've been living for other people, accepting 'treats' and letting my own mental strength go to the dogs because I was getting comfortable with the people I was with.

    You got this. You so got this. If you want it, you can do it. I believe in you and that's nothing compared to the belief I know you have in yourself :)

    ReplyDelete