Friday 21 February 2014

Auckland NRL Nines




Last weekend, a group of us went to the Auckland NRL Nines. If you know me at all, you'll be a little surprised that I went. For one, I'm really not a sports fan. Never have been, and I don't think I every will.  Secondly, I'm not one to go to overcrowded "outrageous" places. Something happened one day and I went from a bit of a party girl to more of a home body. This, however, turned out to be a really good weekend.

While I did have fun, I probably won't go again. It was all a little overwhelming for me. But I definitely enjoyed myself and it seemed like everyone else did. The atmosphere was great and I think the costumes really helped everyone get pumped up. I'm aware that these events are usually very alcohol oriented, but I didn't really see anyone get out of hand. Which was awesome. It means that the Auckland Nines aren't just going to be for young party goers. It's perfect for families as well.

If you're into sports and keen for a relaxed and fun filled weekend, they'll be back next year. Make sure you go.

No comments:

Post a Comment