Wednesday 12 February 2014

Date Night : Pakuranga Night Markets

It's been a wee while, but Rob and I have been busy getting settled into our new home so there hasn't been a lot of time for blog posts. This actually happened a little while ago, and we are yet to go on another date! I know it's going to be a bit tougher now as money is definitely a lot tighter, but I'm excited about finding cheap and fun ways for us to go out together.

Excuse our blurry/silly photos. These are honestly the best of the lot.





















We ended up going to the Pakuranga Night Markets. This is somewhere that we had been wanting to go for ages but never seemed to get around to it. We've been to the ones in Onehunga, and while they were good, they are nothing compared to the Pakuranga ones. It's set up in the car park under The Warehouse and it is chocka block full of food and stalls. Not only is full of stuff to buy, it's packed with people as well. Definitely the busiest market I've ever been to. Most of what we saw at the stalls was the same as any other market.. Cheap toys, rip off smart phone covers, fake basketball singlets and snapbacks.. It's definitely fun to have a look around though.

The food, however, is a whole other story. There are so many options there. And they all smell totally delicious! I like to stick with what I know, and I'm always on the look out for this delicious Hungarian bread. I'm pretty sure I eat it at every market we go to - if they are there. I was getting a little worried that it wouldn't be available but they were right at the end of the food stalls (thank goodness.) All it is, is deep fried dough. But rest assured, it is so tasty. Mine was topped with tomatoes, basil and feta (YUM) and Rob got ham and cheese. So so good. My mouth is watering just thinking about it.

On the way home, Rob was feeling a little peckish so we stopped by for KFC. AND I LOVED IT. Since starting my AMileADay challenge last year, I cut out most takeaways. It definitely helped me to get healtheir and lose the weight that I've lost, but sometimes I do get a craving for KFC chips and you know what? I had some. And it was great. 

I think we might have to go back to the market. I'm suddenly craving Hungarian Bread. YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment