Monday 26 May 2014

Bathroom Spruce Up

Rentals can sometimes be a bit of a pain in the bum. When it comes to decorating, there isn't a whole lot you can do. You're stuck with ugly paint jobs, crazy carpet patterns and not a lot of options when it comes to the walls. It is what it is though, and you can only try and make the most of it.Our bathroom is pretty shabby. The rental we are in is about 60 years old so a lot of the decorating is outdated. It has character though and I do love it.  

The cupboard under the laundry sink doesn't have a door. After a bit of investigating we did end up finding the door but it was damaged so they must have just taken it off. Bathroom's aren't really  known for their storage space so naturally we have been shoving things into any available space. It doesn't make for a pretty picture and I was getting pretty depressed at how messy our bathroom was looking.

I decided to make a simple curtain to hide it. I've seen this idea again and again and for good reason! I'm so much happier with how it looks. The polka dot fabric adds a little bit of interest and it doesn't look like a mess anymore! It was so easy too. All you need is the right size of fabric (you'll have to make a fold at the top and hand sew it so you can feed the curtain cord through). 






















This "curtain" was awful. It was really just a half a shower curtain and completed changed the feel of the bathroom. The whole room was just so dark and I wasn't enjoying the yellow. Cue more polka dots. I'm not too sure how I feel about the pattern I went with but it looks so much better. It's definitely a lot lighter and way more pleasing on the eye! I made it exactly the same way as the other curtain. Super easy and super effective.


I just think it looks so much better and it FEELS nicer when you walk in. Sure, it was a bit of work and it's not permanent but it's totally worth it. When it's such a cheap and easy project I feel like it doesn't matter too much anyway. 

No comments:

Post a Comment