Wednesday 19 February 2014

Meet and Greet : Laura from The Dizain Collective

I thought it was about time that I introduced the lovely ladies that are currently in my "F R I E N D S" list on my side bar. When I decided to turn my blog into more of a blog, I thought being part of a community was a great way to improve my online presence, find great bloggers and also to share some awesome girls with you. 

First up, let's meet Laura.


Right. Let's start with an easy one. What is the name of your blog?
The Dizain Collective

And what do you do when you aren't blogging?
Spending time with my husband and cat, Sydney. Reading and writing and dabbling in a bit of Photography. 
I love cooking and trying to create recipes too.

Why did you decide to start a blog?
I wanted a creative outlet as I found myself in a little bit of a rut. I wanted a place where I could show off what inspires me, in hopes of inspiring others - So far so good! 

If you had to describe yourself in only three words, which words would you use?
Crazy cat lady haha!

Name five things that you would like to achieve this year.
- Continue to learn new things constantly, whether at work of personal skills.
- Start writing a recipe book (!! eeeep I said it out loud now I have to do it)
- Keep blogging
- Travel
- Volunteer somewhere, I'm thinking SPCA.























Okay, just for fun... What song currently sums up your life right now?
"In the Stars" by Icona Pop.
This song is SO much fun. It's super catchy, and the lyrics are uplifting. To me, it's all about enjoying yourself, finding yourself and loving life. Running when you should be walking, laughing when you should be being quiet. Being a bit of a rebel because you can.

What TV show are you digging at the moment?
Really digging The Blacklist, The Fosters and Reign. I love a bit of crime and definitely love easy-to-watch-full-of-drama-its-so-bad-its-good TV. If you're after some trashy TV suggestions - let's talk - i've got a whole bunch under my belt.

Tonight is your last meal. Just kidding! But for the sake of the question, what would you want to eat as your last meal?
Probably a three course Thai meal. It's my favourite. Curry puffs, money bags, curries, stir fries, gosh, what's not to love!




















Let's say, hypothetically, that you could travel to anywhere in the world. Where would you go, and why?
EGYPT. I've wanted to go since I was a little girl, and with all the bad things going on there at the moment I don't think I'll be able to go there any time soon. It's one of my dream destinations... one day!

Looking waaay into the future, where do you see yourself in 10 years time?
Working for my own company, having at least 3 more cats and getting wined and dined by hubby.

How did you and Kate meet?
Kate and I used to work together! We both had just finished studying at Natcoll, now Yoobee in Auckland, and we ending up working for the same company. I like to think we were great friends by the end of the first day, and the friendship has blossomed from there.

L A U R A, it was so great to find out a little bit more about you! Make sure you check out Laura's blog. It's full of such wonderful moodboards, DIYS, recipes and all sorts of other cute things!

You can find her on facebook / instagram / pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment