Thursday 26 December 2013

Date Night : Christmas Lights

A little while ago, I decided to try a bit harder with my blog and share more lifestyle and personal posts. As part of this new theme I decided to have a regular feature called "Date Night." I'm sure you know what this will entail but I will share anyway!

Rob and I have been together for about 2 1/2 years and we don't really go out on dates that much. Of course there is the odd outing here and there but once you are together for awhile it sometimes gets a little hard to get the motivation to go out and spend time together. Don't get me wrong. I love chilling at home, watching movies and lazing around. But sometimes it's nice to get dressed up and go out for dinner. That's why I decided that I will make this new feature called "Date Night" to encourage us to get out there and try new places. 

I also thought I would combine it with a restaurant/food place review to make it a little more interesting. So here we go, my first "Date Night" post.



Union Post in Ellerslie































































We  picked Union Post in Ellerslie because I used to live nearby and we have some pretty fond memories of that place. It's part of the Macs Brewbar franchise and I love it! From the mismatched lamps to the colourful stools, there is nothing that isn't charming there.

Rob decided on the Angus Fillet with egg, rocket, hand cut fries and bearnaise sauce. Apparently, it was delicious. There was also a lot of it, which made it worth the price - which wasn't too expensive.

I had the Beer Battered Fish with coleslaw and hand cut fries. There was so much! It was definitely worth what I paid for it, which wasn't much at all. It was actually too much for me and I ended up leaving a bit (which is unusual for me.)

The food wasn't fancy, but that's what we were after. They also had heaps of other food on offer as well as lots of delicious sounding pizzas. Perfect for a nice dinner or just a catch up with a couple of friends. Plus, the people that work there are super nice which is ALWAYS a bonus!


Cookies n' Cream and Berry Sorbet from NZ Natural 
We decided that we had to go and see the Christmas lights on Franklin Road. If you don't know about Franklin Road, every year all the members in each house on the street go all out and decorate their houses with Christmas lights. In the weeks leading up to Christmas, Franklin Road is always packed with families walking up and down the street, gasping in awe at the beautiful decorations. I always love going there, it reminds me of being a kid. 

No comments:

Post a Comment